Wednesday 26 October 2011

Long weekends - Yippee!

Well here starts the journey.  This weekend will be the first on a number of 3 trips scheduled for late October/November.

One of the main reasons for starting my blog 12 months before the real adventure starts on November 5 2012 is that I knew I had a number of treks, hikes, camps planned for the upcoming months which would show all my followers some of the beautiful countryside that will be my playground for 35-40 days straight.



Hillside mining Town of Walhalla 

This evening at 11pm my father will be arriving at Melbourne airport from Adelaide, we will be driving direct to Walhalla, a short 3hr drive at these times of night. (No freeway traffic)  Friday, Saturday and Sunday till noon we will be on the Australian Alps Walking Trail.

Although I have done a couple hours with my kids in the last couple months, this will be the first time I will have a full pack with gear that doesn't move..... My 2 year old boy has been in on my back in a carrier when we do this and with all the excitement of birds, trees & old mines he doesn't keep still.

The carrier is probably too small now for our 21 kilo man child (2yrs old) but it adds to the challenge of taking the kids up the hills!






I was hoping the budget would have allowed for the purchase of a small video camera so I could do some product reviews while out there, i have bought some stuff and some of them I've never used before and will be learning on the fly during this weekends journey.

I'll have to talk to the Boss, and see if she will let us spend a couple more dollars.  

From a communication point of view, this weekend is a long weekend and I have taken a couple more days to do this and a family camping trip from Sunday till Tuesday so the next update won't be till Wednesday.

Also, I am very excited to tell you all that there will now be multiply contributors to the blog.  




The boss, Megan Belanger will be providing stories from her perspective which is very exciting.  I hope she will be honest!  

Kyle Staples is my technical support in all areas of life, when I need to change batteries in the remotes at home I call up Kyle for instructions.  He will be writing article on our adventures and products reviews.


Kyle Staples


Tim Marsden, my partner in crime, my journeyman, the guy who will be the back spoon in my tent for 35-40 days next year as we together try to make it through the AAWT adventure without asking "is that your flashlight too" (movie reference).  Tim will have adventure updates as well as product reviews.




I look forward (as should you all) to reading their posts and I'm really excited to have them all onboard in support of this blog and all of our future adventures.








No comments:

Post a Comment