Monday 18 June 2012

Who is going to try it!


So one of things I've been thinking about is clothing.  The more I bring the heavier my pack.





NO, I'm not suggesting naked backpacking.  I'm just thinking about how much I really need.  We will have hot and cold and being too much of either will make me uncomfortable.  And do I bring a change of clothes, or is one set enough for 40 days.


So for the next 40 days I'm gonna wear the same clothes everyday.......okay so I can't really do that in real life, no one will sit beside me on the bus!  But I can none the less conduct a little experiment on at least one aspect of clothing for the journey.

I bought these great Merino wool socks for the hike, from Mountain Design Glenferrie Rd Hawthorn and for the next 40 days I'm gonna wear the same pair.

Thaw

Merino clothing have a unique ability of holding in odours, so it shouldn't be offensive to anyone.

Here is a little write up from Mountain Designs website;
http://www.mountaindesigns.com/App_Assets/media/Brand_Catalogue/40-43_MD_brandcat_2010_Socks_Headwear.pdf


Fabric 80% Merino Wool 7% Polyamide 8% Polypropylene 5% Lycra Sizes M, L, XL Colour Warm Grey
High performance trekking sock specifically designed to provide warmth and comfort in extreme conditions. • Merino wool - Naturally regulates temperature
to keep your feet warm and wicks away
moisture keeping you dry & comfortable • Extra plush cushioning zones
to provide crucial warmth,
protection and comfort • Made in Spain



So What I'm interested in knowing is who is willing to wear their socks for 40 days with me, please add your name to the comment field below if you are willing to take up the challenge!

Keep trekking

3 comments:

  1. OKay well the update is that the beginning of day 3, the socks done smell and I find the soft internal lining still very soft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. End of day 4 last night - ran 4.2 km in the socks, even whore them to bed, today day 5 is a rainy day and my boots are wet so they are a little damp..... lets see how they dry out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay so 7 days was about the limit. Feels good to have fresh socks on now. That being said I didn't wash these ones during the 7 days whereas on the trail I will try to wash them as often as possible, every other night should work.

    ReplyDelete