Thursday 1 December 2011

Inspired by an event



So yesterday I was talking with Marcus Bourne of M power personal training and he suggested I enter a race as part of my training.  Its not just any race mind you.  Its tough, it's un-timed and its hard work.


Tough Mudder


This is a run, crawl, freeze, burn, electrical mud fest that will be taking place on Philip Island in March 2012.  It is a mix of cardio endurance, muscular fitness and mental strength.

Their website lists 16 training exercises to prepare for the event and having read through each exercise I can already say that Marcus has me working on at least 9 of those exercises as part of my current routine.

One of the top reasons for going the weights training I'm doing in preparation for the hike is not because I think I need muscle for the hike but rather I need to strengthen my core and put my muscles under some duress.  Hiking will put my muscles under duress and by training them now I hope to reduce the muscular issues I have during the 40 days and hopefully avoid any tears of strains so that I can just enjoy the experience and my surroundings.

Check out the guy on the Tough Mudder website advertisement under training, movie below.  Intense......
Motivating for sure.  To anyone who wants to join "Tough Mudder" with me and see what we can do just let me know you interest in the comments section below this article. 








1 comment:

  1. Cool, the Mustache Man is awesome! I am going to be that fit when I'm 45 for sure! Motivating for sure. I'll be joining you on Tough Mudder, bring it on!

    ReplyDelete